Thursday, August 2, 2012

5 Things That I Want To See In The Hall Of Fame Game

       In wake of the Hall of Fame game coming up this Sunday, there are some things that I want to see, either in this game or the next one, when the Cards play the Kansas City Chiefs.

1. Secondary Depth 
       One of the things that I want see happen this Sunday is for the second corner, whoever it's going to be, to establish himself. Whether it's Greg Toler, William Gay, A.J. Jefferson, or even Jamell Fleming! I feel like one of these guys needs to distance himself so we can start to see the secondary pieces come together.

2. Michael Floyd Playing Time 
      In this upcoming game I would absolutely love to see Michael Floyd make some big plays! Even better would be critical plays, plays in the red zone, on third down, or in the two minute drill. I just feel like if we could see Floyd make a catch or two in big situations, then we would be feeling like the future is bright in AZ for Cardinal fans.

3. Defense Improvement
     The third thing I want to see in this game, is to see how much the defense has improved from last season. Last year the defense was number one in third down defense, allowing a conversion rate of less than 40%, as Ron Wolfley says that is "Championship quality." Another statistic is they were number two in red zone defense, another championship quality. This defense has the potential to get even better and I want to see that in this game.

4. Ryan Williams no show?
     Last year when Ryan Williams got hurt the whole team was devastated. Ryan Williams had turned himself into a star, last year in training camp. This year he is doing the same thing while not being at 100%. In my opinion I think if he did play it would give the whole team a HUGE boost. To see Williams come back from that injury and play well in such a short amount of time, would fire up the whole team to play their best and give 110%.

5. Distancing in QB competition
     The last thing that i want to see, is for someone to distance themselves in this excruciating QB competition. To see either Kolb or Skelton make more plays than the other, would start to make me relax, and not keep waking up in the middle of the night in cold sweats, after terrorizing nightmares of having two mediocre quarterbacks switching out every other play (shudder).

     Now I realize that most of these things most likely will not happen, and it will take time, but as a die hard Cardinals fan, I am allowed to dream! 

Please tell your friends about my site!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment